|Photo Credit: Sevengeeks.com
Im labeling this post as WEEK ONE! I am starting new this week. A new budget, new eating habits, a new year (although i am pretty much 4 months late!)
New eating habits is a must. I just want to be healthy, not only for myself but for Molly. Six years ago I was almost 60 pounds lighter then i am now. I blame being pregnant but taking that I only gained 6 pds throughout my pregnancy I can not blame that!! A new budget is also a must. This is really sad and I probably should not admit this, but I went through my last months bank statement. I spend 102.00 at JUST dunkin donuts. I mean thats a whole lot of coffee! I went out to Target on Friday, and picked up some Starbucks ground coffee. I will let myself get one iced coffee at dunkin donuts a week, but that is it!!
I was looking back on my almost 100 posts (wow, in two months, thats pretty good!) and i made a 13 in 13 list! Im going to cross off a few, which is too exciting.
Get organized! When I say get organized I mean the whole house (not just one room!!) There are 7 rooms in this house- a room a month sounds do-able!!
2) Potty train Molly! We are on our way, almost there….
3) Eat healthier! Healthy snacks, fruits, veggies, etc! No more pints of Ben and Jerrys!!
4) Start planning meals and having a grocery list on me when I food shop!! This will help with impulse buys!!
5) When warm weather hit….walk! I want to start walking Daily! Even if its in my driveway or around my yard. Take a nice brisk walk!
6) Spend more quality time with my husband. I think it’s safe to say a date night a month is good right??
7) Keep in touch with friends I have not spoken to in a while. I suck at keeping in touch, I really need to fix this…stat.
8) Set aside a day a month for ME! I feel like I’m way too young to “let myself go!” A me day would consist of getting my haircut, a manicure/pedicure, going shopping by myself or just reading a book!! I don’t want to sound like a selfish mom, but you need time to yourself sometimes!
9) Have a monthly girls night. Get together, relax with a glass of wine and catch up!! We should be able to do this (even if it is every two months!!)
10) Get rid of technology for a day, once a month or even for a few hours a night!! I am way too attached to my iPhone/ iPad/ laptop! Don’t get me wrong- Molly and I play with no tv on for Atleast an two-three a day (using our imaginations) but usually there’s a television or something going in the house!! I need to be more aware of this and turn everything off!! Good for us as a family & good for the environment (a win, win!!)
11) Take more pictures!! In Molly’s 1st year I took over 2,000 photos… In her second so far- 10…. I have to get moving!!
12) Keep up with my blog! I really love doing this. It’s fun, a hobby and absolutely relaxing to me!! I’m so glad I found something in life I really enjoy (even though I am no where near being a writer!)
13) Last but definitely not least (this is actually the most important,) start saving money!! I want to be able to buy a house someday- saving is the way to start!!
I think its safe to say I can cross 1 & 4 off. My house is 98 % organized and I have started really planning meals and starting this week no more impulse buys! I will be saving all of my receipts! Number 12 has been really going well. I really enjoy keeping this blog. I have “met” a number of wonderful people doing this and I hope to contact and “meet” more! And number 13…today is the day! I will do this! I will be checking in weekly for my own good to let everyone(mostly myself) know how i did that week (with everything, finances, eating healthier, etc!)
I am very excited about the beginning of this journey, and I am so glad I have a few readers that will be going along side me and supporting me!